Mission & Values
The Cricket Australia Board approved and adopted a Strategy for Australian Cricket for 2011-2015.
The Cricket Australia (CA) Board recently approved and adopted a Strategy for Australian Cricket for 2011-2015. As the name suggests, this strategy is not just for CA but also for the State and Territory Associations in Australia, as it was developed in extensive consultation with these key stakeholders.
Central to this strategy is its vision for cricket in this country: To be Australia's Favourite Sport. To achieve this vision, the strategy contains both short-term targets and long-term aspirations. In the short-term (by 2015), cricket aims to be number 1 in the country for:
- Fan passion
- Team success
In the longer term, cricket aspires to be number 1 in the country for:
- Share of all sports media voice
- Investment in the game
Further to this, the plan outlines the following strategic imperatives for Australian cricket over the next four years:
- ‘Thinking Big’. This means recognising cricket is in competition for fans, participants and the title of Australia's Favourite Sport, and therefore aiming to achieve significant long-term growth, rather than growing incrementally.
- Diversifying cricket's fan base. We need to grow interest in cricket among young people and females especially, and increase their passion for the game. At the same time we need to preserve cricket's traditional strengths and audience.
- Increasing the performance, efficiency and agility of Australian Cricket administration.
The strategy has five pillars that are critical to achieve the vision to be Australia's favourite sport:
- Put fans first
- Produce the best teams, players and officials in the world
- Increase participation substantially and inspire the next generation of players and fans
- Provide world-class leadership and management and unify Australian Cricket
- Grow investment in the game